Pushing yourself to be motivated can be a real challenge given the distractions and negativity that will come your way. No one can push you to achieve your goals except yourself. Here are 10 tips on self-motivation.
1. Get out of your comfort zone. The greatest obstacle in achieving your potential is your refusal to leave your comfort zone. The truth of the matter is that you will learn new things outside of your comfort zone.
2. Tell yourself to have a fresh start. A study by the Wharton School of Business found that thinking of each day as a fresh start can give you a burst of energy. This can be more motivating rather than sequestering away failures and get things done.
3. Live fully in the present moment. Dwelling in the past or thinking ahead to the future will not help you in making things happen in the present.
4. Never quit amidst a setback. Every successful people has experienced failure once in their life. So never allow setbacks to keep you from achieving your goals.
5. Choose to be happy. Happy people tend to be more motivated. According to C.S. Lewis, “Joy is the serious business of heaven.” You deserve happiness so don’t settle for anything else.
6. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. You are not alone in making a mistake. Millions of people make them so don’t be afraid to make them.
7. Use commitment devices. Commitment devices is a mechanism that helps people to get things done. It pushes an individual to work towards a specific date. It is like a contract that helps you achieve goals and achieve new habits.
8. Give yourself a jolt of confidence. Boosting your self-confidence is one of the ways you can increase your self-motivation. Researches recommend making a “power pose” for boosting confidence. Holding a high power pose helps increase testosterone level which is associated with confidence.
9. Work towards self-development. There are many good books that you can read on self-development. You can also listen to inspiring tapes or watch motivational videos. Self-development allows you to feel and look good about yourself thus contributing to self-confidence.
10. Finish what you start. Some of us tend to become disorganized when it comes to accomplishing a task. Finish one task first before proceeding to another.
Following these 10 tips can be difficult. However, you can always rely on the help of your support group in order for you to achieve your goal.